Monday, January 26, 2009

Blagojevich's Options, Update 3

So, Blagojevich was impeached... 114 - 1 and then 117 - 1 with the re-vote. Time to update the list...
  1. He is found guilty in the impeachment proceedings and is removed from office. (best case)
  2. He is found not guilty and stays in power. (crappiest case)
  3. He resigns. This is about as likely as shrimp learning to fly.
I'm placing my money on #1. Of course, I am betting that the goober will act like he is still in charge and will have to be forcefully removed and physically given the boot to the curb side.

I find it rather pathetic and ironic that he dares to compare himself to such great leaders as Mahatma Gandhi, MLK Jr., Nelson Mandella. I find his self-assessment to be way out of proportions. I find it quite fitting, I must add, that all three of the the greats above spent time in jail. If Blago. wants to compare himself to them, he needs to realize that he needs to do his (long) jail time first.

Although, one good thing has come out of all this mess... I now have a great idea for a lottery game. I propose a $20 ticket where the winner gets to physically remove Blagojevich from office. Of course, there would be a few limitations, such as the winner is strictly limited to hand-to-hand combat methods (Ti Kwon Leap, anyone?). Obviously, any proceeds will go towards finding a suitable habitat for Blagojevich's hair and towards the state budget deficit.

No comments: